Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Contest for Father's Day: Entry 3

We're loving the entries we're getting for the Father's Day contest, "My Dad and His Good Food!" You have until Thursday night at midnight (Eastern time) to send us a story about your dad and his food! :)

Below is our third entry.

Entry #1: Laurie
"6ft 6" Man and an appetite to match"

My Dad was this big 6ft 6" Man and an appetite to match. What I remember most about him when I was growing up were his "Triple Decker Sandwiches". They were huge! He would pile on cold cuts, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, hot peppers and then ever so gingerly dab on a spoon of mayo! lol.
We always new when Day was home for us before school. We would have hot oatmeal! He loved making it for us! I can remember how when he served it the satisfaction that came across his face...
My Dad now has Alzheimers. The light in his eyes is gone, but love is still there.
Happy Father's Day Daddy...We will remember Everything, Always! Just for you!